Today the site is used as a cultural spot, to host the « Cheminement des sculptures » (permanent sculpture exposition) and the Soirées Lyriques (Lyrical Evenings).
The Feudal Castle
Originally belonged to the Princes of Orange and was probably used as a « second home ». Later in 1678, the Hospices were added to the castle. After the French revolution, the castle building became a girls' school up until the beginning of the 20th century when it was finally abandonned and fell rapidly into ruins. From 1983 to 1994, the Association « Gigondas Yesterday and Today » was responsible for its restauration in collaboration with the Association « Remparts ».
The Parish Church of Saint Catherine of Alexandria
Built on the same ground as the primitif feudal castle ; the church dates from the beginning of the 17th century. Its belfry, clock and sun dial date from the same period. A hollow on the front face shelters a statue of the Virgin Mary.The roof is formed in the very typical pyramidal form, it covers a central nief from which the vaults have the same formation.
The Chapel of Saints Damien and Côme
Located on the road leading towards the Dentelles de Montmirail, it offers an exceptional panaoramic view of the village and its historic buildings. The chapel dates from the 12th century, having replaced an older building dating from the 7th century. It was never actual completed, and the marks made by the stonemasons can still be seen in the angle of the nief now in ruins. The transept and its cradel shaped vault were renovated in the 19th century. Later in 1973, the stained glass windows depicting the lives of the Saints Côme and Damien were inserted in the absidioles.
The Sarrazin Tower
Located in the Dentelles de Montmirail Massif and dating from the 12th century, the tower was originally a look out post for incoming enemies. It is still visible today despite usury with time.
The Monastry of Prébayon
Implanted on the commune of Gigondas up until the French Revolution, it then became the property of the neighbouring commune of Séguret. The Trignon Valley marked new administrative limits between the two communes. This Abbey was built in the 7th century. After the torrential rains of 962, the convent was partially destroyed and the nuns were obliged to take refuge at the Domaine of St. André de Ramières.
Domaine Saint André des Ramières
In the middle of the 12th century, the nuns founded the first ever Cartusian Convent. This was closed in February 1734, on the order of Louis XV, and ratified by a report from Pope Clement XII in December 1735.
This magnificent domaine then became a secondary residence to the Bishops of Orange, before being finally sold to the State during the French Revolution. Today the Domaine de St. André des Ramières is a vineyard.
Thermal Station « Le Montmirail »
Its peak was during the middle of the 19th century up until the Second World War. Celebrities such as Stendhal, Sarah Bernardt and Frédéric Mistral were guests. The waters were recognised for their virtues in the treatment of skin complaints. A special « purgative » water containing magnesia sulphate was commercialised at this time. The natural springs finally dried up, which put an end the thermal activity.
Situated on the GR of the region , not far from the former Montmirail thermal station ; this stone monument was classed in 1912 as a « natural artistic monument ».